Memory Verse: “Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,” 1 Corinthians 15:51.
Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.
Christ is coming back, Dan 7:13. His return will be in two parts. The first, “being like a thief in the night” to receive unto Himself His Church. This is for all true believers.
The rapture is the sudden taking up or disappearance of holy and faithful saints from the earth to meet our Lord and Saviour in the air. It is also called the translation of believers – 1 Thess.4:16-17; 1 Cor.15:51-58. Old Testament instances are; Enoch – Gen.5:22-24; Heb.11:5 and Elijah – 2 Kgs.2:11. It will be within the twinkling of an eye – 1 Cor.15:52.
The exact time is unknown, “But of that day knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son but the Father. Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is” – Matt.24:42, 44; Matt.25:13; 1 Thess.5:6. It shall, however, precede the tribulation – 1 Thess.1:10, 5:9; 2 Thess.2:12.
What Will Happen?
The following will happen:
• The trumpet of God shall sound – 1 Cor.15:52; 1 Thess.4:16.
• The dead in Christ shall rise first – Jn.5:25; 1 Thess.4:16; 1 Cor.15:23.
• Saints, which are alive shall be “caught up” to meet our Lord in the air – 1 Thess.4:17; 1 Cor.15:51.
• The dead in Christ and living saints shall have glorified, immortal bodies and live forever – 1 Cor.15:52-54; Phil.3:20-21; Col.3:4; 1 Jn.3:2.
• There shall be unimaginable chaos on the earth – 1 Thess.5:2-3; Mt.24:40-41.
• It shall happen suddenly – 1 Cor.15:52; 1 Thess.5:3; Matt.24:36-41.
• The power of God shall transform the bodies into an immortal state – Phil.3:21.
• The sudden disappearances will result in utter chaos and confusion.
There is nothing worse for a believer than to be left behind after the rapture. The tribulation will usher in an age of intense persecution and torture for all left behind. No wonder we were warned again and again to be prepared at all time. Are you alert and ready? The post rapture era will be an age of separation and distress – Mk.13:32-37. It is called The TRIBULATION. You will not be left behind in Jesus name.
No Comments yet