20 Trending Gen Z Slangs And What They Mean
Gen Z has a code word for everything, and you’ll definitely come across these ‘slangs’ at least once daily while scrolling through social media.
We’ve got you if you’re part of the millennial, boomer gang and cannot understand what these youngins are saying half the time.
Don’t worry about FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) because we’ll teach you what they mean and just how to use them so you, too, can be a cool kid.
These are 20 trending Gen Z slangs and what they mean. Don’t say we never did anything for you 😉
- Fam: A simple slang for family but can be used for everyone just like Millenials use ‘bro.’
- W: A win, achievement and success. Big W is used for huge wins.
- Salty: jealous or angry.
- L: Loss, the opposite of W.
- Iykyk: If you know, you know. Slang for an inside detail known by a select few.
- Peridot: Emphasis on a point made; nothing else needs to be said.
- Opps: Opposition, anyone you aren’t cool with.
- GOAT: Greatest of all times, an all-rounder.
- Clapback: A comeback response.
- This ain’t it chief: Totally disapprove.
- Slaps: Very good or exceptional.
- Drag: to criticise or roast.
- Living rent-free: Anything you can’t stop thinking of.
- Hits different: Totally unique, comes with its feeling other than the usual.
- Bop: Extremely good.
- Flop: Disappointing.
- Spilling tea: Giving out all the inside gist, usually something very few people know.
- Woke: A very aware, informed person.
- Snack: Used when a person looks really good.
- Finna: Shortened form of ‘I’m going to’.
Understanding Gen Z slangs makes it a lot easier to understand a lot of conversations on social media.