Melted Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate cake is God’s gift to us to remind us of how much He loves us.
These cupcakes are very creamy, very moist, very delicious, very chocolatey… Very “Everything Sweet”. If you’re team #fitfam, you might want to run far away from this one. These cupcakes are everything you are running away from, because one simply does not have just one piece. I had 6 of them. One for “tasting, the second to confirm, the third to be sure of the second one, and then more. Shame on me, yes but hey, it was worth it. I regret nothing.
I hope you enjoy baking and eating these as much as I did. Happy Baking.
250g butter, (unsalted)
3 cups, granulated sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup melted chocolate ice cream, room temperature
½ cup full cream milk
2 chocolate bars, cut into chunks
3 cups cake flour
1 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons instant coffee (dissolved in a tablespoon of hot water)
2 tablespoons, vanilla essence
½ teaspoon, salt
Makes 24 cupcakes
Difficulty level: Easy
Mix milk with melted ice cream, set aside.
Sift flour with cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
Line two 12 cupcake molds with paper liners.
Preheat your oven to 150°C-160° (300°F-320°F) or gas mark 2-3.
The secret to good melt-in-your-mouth, tear-inducing-because-they’re-so-out-of-this-world cupcakes is perfect creaming.
- In your mixer, cream your butter together with the vanilla essence for 5 minutes.
- While mixer is still running, add 2 cups sugar to the butter mixture. Allow to cream for 15-20 minutes. (If you are creaming by hand, make it 30 minutes)
- Pause at intervals to scrape down the sides to ensure it is very well mixed.
- When your mixture is pale white, turn off your mixer.
- Break your eggs into a bowl, add the remaining cup of sugar to eggs, whisk until really foamy.
- With your mixer on medium speed, gently pour your eggs into your creamed mixture, allow to mix well for 3 minutes.
- Detach bowl from mixer and pick up your wooden spoon.
- Alternately – add the flour mixture in 3 additions and ice cream/milk mixture in 2 additions, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add dissolved coffee to batter. Be sure to mix batter really well, but don’t over mix; we are not trying to bake rock buns.
- Using a tablespoon, add 2 generously heaped spoons of batter to each prepared cupcake case. Insert a chocolate chunk into each case.
- Place in the center of your preheated oven.
- Allow to bake for 20-25minutes.
- Your cupcakes are done when they are springy to the touch if pressed in the middle, or when a clean toothpick comes out dry when inserted in the middle.
- Remove from oven, leave in mold for 5 minutes, then remove from mold to cool completely.
These are ice cream cupcakes, so ice cream cones are in order, though optional.
Place cones on plate, peel off the paper liners from each cupcake, and place on the cone. Top it with your favorite ice cream. Depending on the weather and type of icecream involved, it could melt right off the cupcakes but well, it will all end up in your belly, n’est ce pas?