Refreshing Zobo Popsicles To Combat The Heatwaves
If you are like every other Nigerian seeking respite from the recent heat wave driving everyone almost insane, then a cool zobo popsicle is just what you need.
In this hot weather, the body craves something cold and refreshing and instead of binging on unhealthy soft drinks to cool down, you can have something much healthier by packing nutrition into your body.
Not only is it easy to make, but the ingredients needed are also readily available.
- Zobo juice
- Orange pulp
- Sliced kiwi or Pineapple
- Popsicle maker or small glasses and ice cream sticks
Follow the easy process below to make your zobo popsicles.
- Check the zobo leaves to make sure there are no rotten ones or dirt.
- Measure the leaves and transfer into a small deep base pot. Rinse under running tap water.
- Then add one liter of water and transfer onto a stove. Boil under low to moderate heat.
- Add ginger, crushed cloves, and one teaspoon of cinnamon to give a fiery taste and then add your rinsed zobo leaves.
- Continue to boil for about 10 minutes and then remove from the stove
- Strain the juice and allow to cool for a few hours
- Pour your zobo juice into a popsicle mold. Make sure it is only halfway and don’t allow to completely freeze but not hard frozen.
- Pour the oranges on the zobo and freeze properly in the freezer overnight.