How To Make Yummy Egg Rolls The ‘Nigerian’ Way
Since it is the festive period which comes with a natural ‘ginger’ to cook different delicacies, it won’t be a bad idea to try this one out.
Let’s make some yummy egg rolls, but, we’ll do the Nigerian way. Take a look at the recipe below:
- 1½ tbsp of Baking powder
- 2 ½ tbsp of Margarine
- 8-9 tbsp Water
- 7 Eggs (boiled)
- 3 to 4 cups of flour
- 2 small eggs or 1 large egg
- 1½ tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Salt
- 1 tbsp of Nutmeg
- In a large bowl, mix in flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg.
- Use your hands (clean fingers only please) to blend Margarine into the flour until it’s very crumbly.
- Crack the eggs and beat them, then mix. The dough should look dry at some point
- Start introducing water little by little and work the dough till it is soft and sticky but still quite workable.
- Work the dough on a clean surface sprinkled with flour for about a minute, put it in a bowl then cover it and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- Work the dough again for like a minute then divide it into 7
- Tightly wrap each dough around each egg.
Tip: Please make sure you only wrap the dough around the egg if you are ready to fry immediately, if not the dough will just keep rising around the egg, trust me, you don’t want that
- Fry on medium heat, turn it over regularly until it is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy your egg roll.