Mind Tricks For Self Motivation
Daniel Goleman, the author of several seminal books on Emotional Intelligence, identified four elements that make up motivation:
- Personal drive to achieve, the desire to improve or to meet certain standards;
- Commitment to personal or organisational goals;
- Initiative, which he defined as ‘readiness to act on opportunities’; and
- Optimism, the ability to keep going and pursue goals in the face of setbacks.
People who are more organized have good time management skills and have more self-esteem and confidence. You can be self- motivated if you keep a positive attitude. create a personal goal and target what you want to achieve at a particular time and work towards it. Find things or positive people that give you that initial spark to get going. Read inspirational and motivational books that you can learn from.
- Write your goals down on sticky notes.
- Paste them in appropriate places where you can easily see them.
- Review them when you can.
- Write down the progress you have made so far.
- Always refer back to your sticky notes whenever you feel you have lost the zeal to achieve your goals.
- Always think of how happy you will be when you have achieved your goals.