Top Five Tourist Attractions In Nigeria
Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa and has become an untapped tourist paradise with long stretches of exotic beaches, lush mountains, well-preserved tradition and culture and enchanting attractions that draw tourists from different parts of the world.
In recent times, we have witnessed a spike in the number of tourists coming to see the sights of the most populated black nation and these tourists often end up seeing just a fraction of what the whole country has to offer.
For this reason, here is a list of five top attractions in Nigeria:
1. Obudu Mountain Resort: Obudu Mountain Resort (formerly known as Obudu cattle ranch) is a ranch and resort on the Obudu Plateau in Cross River State. Its breathtaking views, tranquillity and beautiful scenery have made this resort one of the most famous tourists’ destinations in Nigeria.
2. The Ibeno Beach: The Ibeno Beach is one of the beaches on the Atlantic Ocean along the shorelines of Ibeno, a local government area of Akwa Ibom State. It is the longest sand beach in West Africa.
3. Awhum Waterfall: The Awhum Waterfall is located in Enugu State, Nigeria. The waterfall forms beautiful scenery where water cascades over its top forming a stream, which has become a religious tourist site.
4. Millenium Park: The Millennium Park is the largest public park of Abuja, the capital of Nigeria and is located in Maitama district. It was inaugurated by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom in 2003.
5. The Tinapa Free Zone and Resort: The resort is located by the Calabar River, contiguous with the Calabar Free Trade Zone. The appeal of Calabar coupled with the taste of its rich culture gives the resort that magnificent setting that mesmerizes tourists.