Woman Drops $17 Million Rape Lawsuit Against Chris Brown
A woman who filed a $17 million rape case against American singer Chris Brown in 2017 has dropped the case.
According to legal documents, obtained by The Blast, on April 16, 2020, a dismissal was filed in the case for all parties involved. The dismissal was filed by, the unidentified woman referred to as Jane Doe, who brought the case against the singer.
Doe sued Brown and his friend, Lowell Grissom for sexual battery, gender violence, battery, and assault in 2017.
Jane Doe alleged that she was raped at a party at Chris’ Tarzana home. She also claimed that she had been offered various drugs, including cocaine, molly, and weed, and that her cell phone was confiscated from her. She claimed to have been repeatedly raped by Grissom in several areas of the house. During a press conference for the lawsuit, her lawyer Allred said;
“The lawsuit alleges that while she was at Brown’s house, the plaintiff became the victim of horrific sexual assault, which are described in our lawsuit. This is one of the most horrific sexual assault cases that I have ever seen and our client Jane Doe has been severely traumatized by what she was forced to suffer.”
“The fact that they made a demand for $17 million and I told them to go pound sand probably explains why they did the press conference today. Chris didn’t do anything and they know Chris didn’t do anything,” Chris Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos shared with TMZ adding that the lawsuit against Brown is a “shameless money grab”.
Jane Doe’s lawyer, Gloria Allred’s law firm filed the document stating the entire case should be dismissed from the court. It is unclear whether there was a monetary settlement involved in the dismissal.