Afenifere attacks Buhari over Lagos/Ibadan road kidnappings
Afenifere has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari over the spate of kidnappings on Lagos/Ibadan expressway. The National Publicity Secretary of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Jare Ajayi, stated, yesterday, that the abduction of seven people around Isara Remo on Lagos/Ibadan expressway on Sunday, January 16, was another evidence that Nigerian governments have failed.
Afenifere, in the statement, recalled that on January 8, 2022, some people were reportedly kidnapped at Onigaari Village on the same road, just as some travellers, including a popular actress, narrowly escaped abduction on the same road last Saturday.
Reports have it that some displaced terrorists in the North led by one Bello Turji are making incursion into the western part of the country.
“We recall the incessant kidnap of and attacks on innocent people in Ondo, Ogun, Osun and Ekiti states. We also recall the sack of certain villages in Imeko area of Ogun last week. These are unacceptable and must be stopped forthwith by all means.
The lamentations of Niger, Zamfara, Benue, Nasarawa, Borno, Kaduna, Sokoto and Katsina governors on how terrorists seem to be dictating the pace in their states ought to serve as a wake-up call for government and the security agencies,” Ajayi said.
Buhari, according to Afenifere, is aware of the security situation going by his recent expressions on the issue.
“For instance, the President ordered a ‘robust’ military intervention in the wake of terrorists’ take-over of some local councils in Niger, just as he asked Nigerians to put their prayers for security before God. The latter he said in a message delivered on his behalf when Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano hosted the head of Tijanniyah organisation worldwide in Kano last week,” it added.