The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Boko Haram kills two in Maiduguri

Related

[FILES] Soldiers of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri.<br />

The Mwaghavul Youth Development Association and the Kombum district of Mangu Council of Plateau State protested yesterday over the killing in Maiduguri of their members by the Boko Haram on Sunday.

Speaking with The Guardian yesterday, Director of the National Orientation Agency (NOA) in Plateau, Mr. Bulus Dabit, described the incident as gruesome and unimaginable.

Dabit said the terrorists killed the two young men because they were Christians, who they (terrorists) believe roast and eat human flesh.

“Both Muslims and Christians are not in support of Boko Haram. Bible detests eating of human flesh. This is dangerous and it should be nipped in the bud. The Boko Haram elements are not real Muslims. The Muslim community should rise up and disown these people because they are not representing them. They are religious extremists and terrorists without any value,” he said.

The NOA boss disclosed that the victims were trained carpenters who were hired out to other states due to their expertise.

He pointed out that neither the Plateau government nor the 19 Northern States Christian Association of Nigeria had taken action on the development.

Meanwhile, the six people kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja highway in Dutse, Jigawa State, have regained their freedom.

In a statement yesterday, the spokesman of Kaduna State Police Command, DSP Yakubu Sabo, explained that a family of one of the victims confirmed the incident.

He was reacting to the allegation that the abductors had refused to release victims after collecting ransom.

“On the issue of the victims of the kidnap incident at Dutse, I have been authoritatively informed by one of the families that all the six victims (three males and threes female), two each from three families, have been released,” he said.

Journalists had earlier been told that the father of two ladies who was abducted was severely beaten by kidnappers after collecting N400,000 ransom from him, yet the ladies were not left off the hook.


Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet