Ekiti government intervenes as community bars monarch from palace
The Deputy Governor, Otunba Bisi Egbeyemi, during a peace meeting held in his office on Wednesday condemned the violence that recently erupted in
According to a statement by his Special Assistant (Media), Odunayo Ogunmola, Egbeyemi, the full weight of the law would be visited on individuals fomenting trouble in Odo Ora.
The Obalemo of Odo Ora, Oba Samuel Akinola Adeyemo, told the deputy governor that he had been locked out of the palace by suspected
hoodlums allegedly mobilized by some interest groups in the community.
The monarch who sent a ‘Save Our Soul’ petition to the state government also revealed that palm fronds were tied at the gate of the palace, traditionally signifying that he is not allowed to occupy the building.
The kingmakers and other community leaders alleged that the procedure that produced the monarch was faulty and that he was not properly
Egbeyemi said that government had to summon the peace meeting following intelligence report from security agencies on possible
outbreak of violence over the kingship crisis.
The deputy governor warned stakeholders in Odo Ora to maintain peace, stressing that government won’t depose any monarch in the state.
He advised Odo Ora indigenes who are aggrieved with the emergence of Oba Adeyemo as the Obalemo to seek redress in court.
He stressed that government would not fold its arms and allow the situation to degenerate into anarchy adding that anybody
caught fomenting trouble would be arrested and prosecuted.
He said: “Security report revealed that there is likely to be outbreak of violence in Odo Ora. I don’t want anybody to disturb or attack
“If there is outbreak of violence, all culprits would be arrested and prosecuted. Let there be peace in your community.”
No comments yet