El-Rufai revokes C-of-O of Sani Abacha’s property
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has revoked the Certificate of Occupancy (C-of-O) of the demolished Durbar Hotel, belonging to the family of late former Military Head of State, General Sani Abacha.
The property is located along the General Muhammadu Buhari/Independence Way in the Kaduna metropolis.In a letter dated December 31,2019 and addressed to Mohammed Abacha, the governor said the property was revoked for owing grand rent of over 19 years.
However, Mohammed Abacha said he received the letter on January 29, 2020, but the Kaduna Geographic Information Service (KADGIS) dispatched the letter on January 24, 2020 after demolition of the hotel had been carried out.
Governor El-Rufai and the Deed Registrar, Yusuf Muawiyah of (KADGIS) jointly signed the letter on January 3, 2020.El-Rufai also accused the Abacha family of violating the terms of grant, as well as security and safety risk to the people of Kaduna State.
“In the light of the above, we hereby notify the family that the said plot of land had been revoked in line with section 28 of the Land Used Act 2004.”
“And whereas Durbar Hotels Company Nigeria Limited has failed to comply with the conditions of the grant, it has become necessary that the certificate of occupancy No. KD17789 be revoked,” the letter reads.
The governor further stressed, “Now therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred upon me by the Land Use Act, CAP L5 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, I hereby revoke with effect from December 30, 2019 the right of occupancy of the above mentioned plot.” Meanwhile, The Guardian recalled that a Kaduna High Court presided over by Justice Hannatu Balogun, had on January 21, 2020 restrained Governor El-Rufai and agencies of the Kaduna State Government from demolishing and taking over the property.
No comments yet