Close button
The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Fire destroys multimillion naira property in Ondo


Tragedy struck, yesterday, at Idanre Local Council of Ondo State, as fire destroyed property worth millions of naira. 

According to sources within the area, the inferno started in the early hours of yesterday from a shop and spread to other property within the area. 

Some of the property destroyed included, phone and accessories’ shops, classrooms of a nursery and primary school, a furniture factory with equipment and some of its finished products and textile materials.


The Guardian, however, learnt that the cause of the inferno could not be ascertained as at press time. Some residents, who spoke with our correspondent, said it could be as a result of power surge in one of the affected shops.

One of the victims and owner of the furniture workshop, Mr. Oluwatobi Atere, who was overwhelmed with grief over the loss, lamented that he had lost property close to N30m.

An Idanre community leader, Mr. Adesoji Abiodun, who assisted in putting out the fire, decried the late arrival of men of the fire service. He said the level of destruction would have been minimal, if the fire brigade responded on time.

The Owa of Idanre, Oba Frederick Aroloye, commiserated with the victims of the fire incident, urging government to establish a fire station in the community to forestall future occurrence. 

In this article:
Ondo State
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet