Fire engulfs Delta education ministry
A midnight fire, yesterday, engulfed the Delta State Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education, located at Olorogun Felix Ibru Secretariat, Asaba.
The Guardian gathered that the fire, which was caused by electrical fault, destroyed offices and equipment valued at millions of naira.
The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry Mr. Augustine Ede Oghoro, who disclosed this to newsmen, said no life was lost in the incident.
Oghoro, who expressed shock over the incident, said officials of the state fire service were on ground to put out the fire, otherwise the story would have been different as more damage would have been recorded in the entire secretariat building.
He said the state Ministry of Housing has been notified of the sad development to ascertain the proper value of the destroyed equipment and structure.