Fire guts Cleric house, four-star hotel
According to an eyewitness, the inverter was in use in the absence of electricity before it exploded.
He said: “Suddenly, the battery of the inverter started making sounds like multiple gunshots were fired then we saw that the house was on fire. The refrigerator, curtains and chairs were among some things destroyed by the fire.”
He added that residents quickly mobilized water and detergent to put out the fire before it engulfed the entire house.
Efforts to speak to the parish priest proved abortive as he declined to comment stating through the Catechist that God had already sorted it out since the fire had been put off quickly.
When contacted, the fire service station at Ojo Alaba, said they received the news but were also informed that the fire had been put out.
Meanwhile, a four-star hotel, the Golden Tulip, along Evo Road at Government Residential Area in Port Harcourt, Rivers State was partially engulfed in fire yesterday.
The Guardian gathered that the fire started from a room on the first floor of the five-storey building following electrical malfunction and ascended to the second floor when it was put out by the hotel’s safety department.
Some lodgers and organizations holding meetings at the hotel also assisted to put out the fire before the arrival of the State Fire Service.
A visit to the scene showed no casualty was recorded. The management of the hotel declined commenting on the incident.
No comments yet