Fire razes electronic shops in Lagos
If not for the timely intervention of the Lagos State Fire Service, close to 20 shops would have been gutted in yesterday’s fire incident that occurred at Peace Estate, near Ogidan bus stop on Lekki-Epe Expressway. However, millions of naira were still lost as the fire swept through some shops and razed nine.
Acting head of Lagos State Fire Service, Mrs. Margaret Adeseye, said the firefighters prevented a row of electronic products’ shops from being razed. She explained that the fire call was received and Lekki Phase 1 Fire Station was immediately deployed to put out the fire.
“Nine out of the 19 shops were severely burnt while the firemen were able to save 10 among others with properties worth millions of naira amidst the difficult challenges posed by COVID 19 pandemic,” she said.
The fire boss pointed out that the fire was however doused with the additional support of a second fire crew of the Lagos State Fire Service and the Federal Fire Service.
She cautioned Lagosians that fire don’t go on holiday as evident in the 84 fire calls that have been attended to since March 23 when Governor Babajide Sanwoolu gave a sit at home order to grade level 1-12. She commended the efforts of the firemen at ensuring a safe Lagos and working in tandem with the security and governance agenda of the government.
The fire service had last weekend averted a fire outbreak from a 45,000 litres petrol-laden articulated vehicle along Lagos State University (LASU), Igando Express Way, Village Bus Stop. Adeseye said the firefighters discovered fuel leakage on a 45,000 litres fully laden Mazda tanker.
No comments yet