Ladies in red
RED is a beautiful and vibrant colour that signifies love. It never goes out of style. This is why a lot of ladies like the red dress. The last St. Valentine’s Day brought up different shades of red.
Coming in diverse shades, any lady can wear the red dress irrespective of size, shape, skin tone or height. The most important thing is to choose a shade of red dress and style that will fit you.
According to Olalekan Oladele, CEO of Ethereal Couture, “Red is a very bold and conspicuous colour, which should be worn in a way that won’t be too unsettling to those around.
Olalekan’s useful tips on how best to wear a red dress:
• Use different shades of red for your accessories such as earrings, bracelets and rings to create a contrast. But keep your accessories minimal so as not to paint the town red with your oufit. Keep them subdued!
• Go for a clutch or small purse in a shade different from your dress. A big, red bag would look too excessive. A red dress draws enough attention on its own! The clutch may be a shade of red, black, or even metallic gold or silver.
• It is preferable not to wear a red necklace as this would blend with the colour of the dress. Also, avoid long, dangling red earrings, so, they won’t mix with the colour of the dress.
• A big, black belt adds a flattering definition and interesting contrast to a red dress. Make sure it encircles the slimmest part of the waist.
• Finding the right shoe colors to go with a red dress could be difficult, so, the safest option is black. Black patent leather pumps or strappy sandals are classic on a red dress.
No comments yet