Lagos discharges five more coronavirus patients
The Lagos state government on Sunday announced the discharge of five coronavirus patients after making full recovery from the novel virus.
“Today, I am happy to inform you that five more patients comprising two males and three females including a 10-year-old girl have tested negative twice to #COVID19,” the state governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu said on Twitter on Sunday.
“These 5 patients have been discharged to reunite with their families.”
This brings to a total number of 29 patients who have fully recovered and discharged from the state’s facility in Yaba.
Nigeria has recorded 224 cases of the dreaded virus and 24 have been discharged nationwide with five deaths.
Lagos has the highest number with a total of 115 confirmed cases.
The Nigerian government in a bid to contain the spread of the dreaded virus shut down Lagos State, Ogun State, and the capital city Abuja on Monday night. Other states have also set up some measures to curb the spread.
So far, three state governors and President Muhammadu Buhari Chief of State Abba Kyari are among the people infected by the virus.
Nigerian government has also expressed that the country may experience “exponential” increase in coronavirus infections in “days ahead” if the contacts of confirmed cases are not tracked down quicker.
Lagos state governor on Saturday also said the ongoing lockdown in the state might be extended beyond 14 days by President Muhammadu Buhari.
“We are in the period of national emergency and the ongoing restriction was declared by the Pres. If there’s need for an extension, the Federal authorities will decide that based on the outcome of the ongoing measures,” Sanwo-Olu said on Saturday.