Oyo inferno claims property worth millions of naira
Properties worth millions of naira were yesterday lost to a fire incident that occurred in the Oke-Ado area of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital when a house near the community’s market went up in flames.
An affected resident, Olalekan Okikiola, said the incident was caused by power upsurge.
According to him, an electric cooker left on by a neighbour in the burnt building sparked off the inferno when public supply was restored.
“No casualty was recorded but properties worth millions of naira were lost ranging from electrical equipment, furniture to home appliances and clothes,” he said.
No comments yet