Fayose’s camp writes Secondus over Ekiti crisis
• Says no pre-trial injunction can stop completed act
• As Olujimi’s group seeks suspension of ward executive inauguration
The legal counsel representing the camp of former governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has written a letter to the National Chairman of the party, Chief Uche Secondus, on their position on the ward congress of the party.
Counsel to Fayose’s group, Mr. Olalekan Ojo (SAN), said that “no pre-trial injunction be it ex-parte, interim or interlocutory could be issued to restrain any completed act.”
A suit, FHC/AD/CS/2020, was filed by one Oladimeji Samson Olalekan, who is believed to be acting on behalf of the Olujimi group that is aggrieved over the outcome of the March 7, 2020 ward congresses.
Ojo’s letter, which was made available to newsmen yesterday in Ado-Ekiti, was a response to a letter dated April 30, 2020, written to the PDP National Chairman by counsel to Olujimi’s group, Wahab Egbewole (SAN), calling for the suspension of inauguration of the new Ward Executive Committee of the party in Ekiti State.
He said as at April 30, 2020, “the elected ward executive officials that emerged from the ward congresses that was held on March 7, 2020 had been sworn in and both the oath of office and oath of allegiance had been taken in the early hours of April 30, 2020 before the court session.”
In the letter, dated May 1, 2020, Ojo said: “Party to any action or any counsel by an ordinary letter cannot direct the other party to do any act or refrain from doing any act. It is only the court that has the necessary jurisdiction and power to give any effect or binding order on the parties before the court. He, therefore, urged that all parties to the case should continue to pursue their rights or remedies before the Federal High Court.
No comments yet