PDP accuses FG, APC of plot to rig poll
It is a spurious claim, says ruling party
The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke, has accused the Federal Government and the All Progressives Congress (APC) of planning to manipulate the poll in favour of its candidate, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola.
The allegation was contained in a statement by the Director, Media and Publicity, Ademola Adeleke Governorship Campaign Organisation, Olawale Rasheed.He, however, expressed confidence that the purported conspiracy to rig the election would not work because of the readiness of the people to bring genuine change to the state.
The statement reads in part: “We call the attention of all democratic forces and the international community to the ongoing plot by the Federal Government and the APC to subvert this month’s governorship election in Osun State. We note with a clear warning to all anti-democratic forces that evil plots designed to rig and foist a rejected candidate of the APC on the state will fail woefully.“In an advanced system of rigging, the ruling party is executing electoral manipulations even before the polling day.”
The PDP, which said the alleged systemic manipulative plots covered the entire gamut of the electoral process, list them as:
• open purchase of PVC with payment of N10,000 each to unsuspecting voters. The goal is to clown and deploy false data in favour of APC candidate;
• diversion of unclaimed PVCs for unsavoury activities by APC cyber team;
• appointment of openly known APC sympathisers as returning officers;
• peopling of state INEC top team with APC operatives;
• disenfranchising zones and areas known to be strongholds of the opposition;
•open vote buying under the guise of business support funding;
•open inducement of traditional and religious institutions by top leaders of APC; and
• secret payment of close to N17 billion to the state government from the Paris Fund for election purposes;
Adeleke said he listed the plots to alert all democratic forces that the APC is plotting to plunge Osun and the nation into avoidable crisis.In its reaction, APC said the opposition party was making a spurious claim in view of the defeat awaiting them at the poll.The Director of Publicity and Strategy of the party, Kunle Oyatomi, urged the citizens to disregard the claim, saying the opposition parties were raising undue alarm because of the visible achievements by the current administration that have been giving them sleepless nights.
No comments yet