Declutter your home before Christmas
The Christmas trees and decors would not look good in a chaotic or disarrayed space with junks. So, it’s time to declutter, free up and deep clean your space before Christmas, as other priorities will emerge as the festive season approaches.
Decluttering and deep cleaning before Christmas help you organise your home in a way that makes the space conducive and easily accessible during the festive season especially when there is the possibility of having massive guests turn up.
You need as much space as possible to host guests, but more importantly you need space to accommodate the new items you’re most likely to buy or receive as gift during this festive season.
How To Declutter
• Have a mental picture of how serene you want your space to turn out.
• Start decluttering the easy stuff.
• Get rid of duplicates that are not useful.
• Give out or thrash things you no longer use, especially items you don’t see yourself buying again if missing – it means they aren’t useful.
•Ensure you create a place for every item in your home.
• Put items back to where they actually belong after use.
Where to Declutter
•Your sitting room
•Bedrooms – wardrobe and shoe racks
• Kitchen – don’t forget your refrigerator and deep freezer