Thursday, 26th May 2022
<To guardian.ng
Search
Breaking News:

Tevez snubs Premier League, Laliga for Corinthians

Tevez is set to depart Boca Juniors following one year at the club, just days after the Argentine giants were knocked out of the Copa Libertadores semi-finals.
Argentina's Boca Juniors forward Carlos Tevez (R) vies for the ball with Ecuador's Independiente del Valle defender Luis Caicedo during their Libertadores Cup second leg semifinal match at the "Bombonera" stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on July 14, 2016. EITAN ABRAMOVICH / AFP

Argentina’s Boca Juniors forward Carlos Tevez (R) vies for the ball with Ecuador’s Independiente del Valle defender Luis Caicedo during their Libertadores Cup second leg semifinal match at the “Bombonera” stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on July 14, 2016.<br />EITAN ABRAMOVICH / AFP

• Ancelotti Sends Strong Warning To Bayern Munich

Carlos Tevez will link up with former club Corinthians after rejecting big-money offers from the Premier League, LaLiga and Serie A.

Tevez is set to depart Boca Juniors following one year at the club, just days after the Argentine giants were knocked out of the Copa Libertadores semi-finals.

The 32-year-old had rejected a huge offer from West Ham, while he also turned down another one of his former clubs in Juventus, as well as Champions League finalists Atletico Madrid.

“The move [to Corinthians] is practically done, as the only thing missing is the signature on the contract,” said Tevez’s advisor Kia Joorabchian.

“Atletico Madrid, two clubs from the Premier League and Juventus have all tried to sign him, but Tevez wanted to go to Brazil and to Corinthians.”

It will be Tevez’s second spell for Corinthians, after joining the Brazilian outfit from Boca Juniors in 2005.

The Argentinian was the club’s top goalscorer as they went on to win the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A, before being signed by West Ham in 2006.
Following his first five days of training as new Bayern Munich coach, Carlo Ancelotti has warned his players that they can expect trouble this season the moment he starts speaking Italian.

The 57-year-old, who succeeded new Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola last month, is just the second Italian in history to preside over the German outfit.

The former AC Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid coach, who stated that he always saw the Bavarian club as the next logical step upon leaving Los Blancos, admitted is learning German as a matter of professionalism.

“The training takes place completely in German,” he said to assembled media after his first week as Bayern boss. “Everybody here must try to learn the language, it is a matter of professionalism.

“However, when I am getting really angry, I start pouring out in my mother tongue. When you are mad you can’t speak a language that you cannot control entirely.

“If my players hear me start to speak in Italian, that means there is about to be some trouble.”

The first week of pre-season seems to have went well for the German champions and the Italian tactician believes there is no need to delve back into the transfer market.

“We are fully covered right now. I am really satisfied and the team is focused,” he said.

“The most important thing is the team spirit. I want my players to go to the pitch to help each other. That’s the key of the success.”
Culled From Yahoosports