Divine healing in the Bible – Part 11
Hindrances To Healing (Cont)
People (Mark 10:48), (6) unbiblical teaching (Mark 3:1-5; 7:13), (7) failure of the elders to pray the prayer of faith (Mark 11:22-24; Jas 5:14-16), (8) failure of the church to seek and obtain the gifts of miracles and healings as God intended (Acts 4:29-30; 6:8; 8:5-6; 1 Cor 12:9-10, 29-31; Heb 2:4), (9) unbelief (Mark 6:3-6; 9:19,23-24), and (10) self-centred behaviour (1 Cor 11:29-30).
At other times, the reason for the persistence of physical affliction in godly people is not readily apparent (e.g., Gal 4:13; 1 Tim 5:23; 2 Tim 4:20). In still other instances, God chooses to take His beloved saints to heaven during an illness (cf. 2 Kgs 13:14).
Steps To Take: What can you do when praying for and seeking God’s healing of your body?
• be sure you are in the right relationship with God and others (Mat 6:33; 1 Cor 11:27-30; Jas 5:16; see John 15:7).
• seek the presence of Jesus in your life, for it is He who will give your heart the faith you need (Rom 12:3; 1 Cor 12:9; Phil 2:13; see Mat 17:20).
• saturate your life with God’s word (John 15:7; Rom 10:17). God sends forth His Word to heal (Ps 107:20). He also watches over the promises of His Word to fulfil them (Jer. 1:12; Is 53:11). Let God’s promises about healing enter into your spirit as a revelation. Active faith can then unite with God’s Word (Heb 4:2) for a creative miracle.
• call for the prayers of the elders of the church with the anointing of oil, as well as the prayers of family members and friends (Jas 5:14-16).
• attend a service where a person with a respected healing ministry is present (cf. Acts 5:15-16; 8:5-7).
• expect a miracle—trust in Christ’s power (Mat 7:8; 19:26).
• rejoice if healing comes this day. Rejoice even if it does not come in the present hour (Phil 4:4, 11-13).
• if you are not finding healing, continue to remain in Him (John 15:1-7). Examine your life to see what changes God may desire to work in you.
• know that God’s delays in answering prayers are not necessarily denials of those requests. Sometimes God has a large purpose in mind that, when realised, results in His greater glory (cf. John 9:3; 11:4, 14-15,45; 2 Cor 12:7 and in good for us (Rom 8:28)
• realise that if you are a committed Christian, God will never forsake you or forget you. He loves you so much that He has engraved you on the palms of His hands (Is 49:15-16).
Note: The Bible acknowledges the proper use of medical care (Mat 9:12; Luke 10:34; Col 4:14).
But seek healing from God first and throughout the proper use of medical care.
•Email:firstname.lastname@example.org. www.thebiblicalwomanhood.com Mobile: +234 803 344 6614; +234 808 123 7987