Soaring on the wings of grace – Part 2
Some divine characteristics of Grace:
• Grace is owned by God and given unto men
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 1 Peter 5:10a
The God of all grace because Grace is of God
And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him. Luke 2:40
In 2 Corinthians 12:9, God said to Paul,
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
Because he has been given the grace to endure and go through it. He has grace for patience.
It was grace that made Abraham to be patient with Lot. Someone he trained and became prosperous through his grace, but who later turned against him. It takes grace for Abraham to ask him to take whichever part of the land he desired in order for peace to reign. It was grace that made David not to reply Shimei when he cursed him. Grace made them to endure the reproach and the pain.
• The reward of grace is always prosperity and enlargement.
Grace does not leave a man the way he met him, as it changes him into another man. It is wisdom that made Queen Esther not to take the way of the flesh, but the path of wisdom in dealing with Haman. Such a thought will not cross the mind of any one in authority today.
• There is grace to do good.
Joseph gave the best place in Egypt to his brothers to live and not judge them. Jesus prayed in John 17: 9-15, don’t take them from the earth but protect them because God has made grace available.
• Grace to do His will- in Luke 22:41-46
There is grace to do His Will. In Luke 22:41-46, Jesus prayed ‘Let this cup…. There is grace to do the Will of God, which makes living for God easy. Nehemiah carried such grace; he left the comfort of the palace to build Jerusalem because after you have done His Will, there is a reward.
It was grace that made David not to kill Saul. It takes grace to do the Will of God. The Will of God was paramount in the heart of David.
• Grace to speak the right words
Many people are quick to say things that turn the grace of God to vanity in their lives.
Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee forever. Psalm 45:2
A man of grace speaks the right words, comforting and not abusive or arrogant words.
How do we receive grace?
• Come to Him Hebrews 4:16
• Submit yourself to Him – James 4, 6; Proverbs 3:34
• Come with a clean heart and hand – James 4:8, Psalm 113
• Study to know what is freely given to you – 2 Timothy 2:15, Psalm 109:19
• Avoid ungodly characters – 2 Timothy 2:16-19, 22-23
• Wait on the Lord – Isaiah 40:13
Attributes of Grace
• Grace makes the difference. It separates the wheat from the chaff, men from the boys. It sets you on a new pedestal or level and stands you out. Grace separates you from others. Though Goshen was in the land of Egypt, it was separated from the rest of the land.
• Grace distinguishes a man (Act 13:34-35). It was grace that stood Paul out, even though he was not part of the twelve Apostles. It was grace that made Saul to come in contact with destiny. He was looking for a lost ass, but found the throne and a portion of meat reserved for him by Samuel was given to him.
Grace puts men in a class of their own. It puts you in the limelight. It takes grace for men to soar high and to reign.
No comments yet