The last days of history – Part 17
The Judgment of Believers Cont.
(6) In summary, believers will have to give an account of their faithfulness or unfaithfulness to God (Mat 25:21, 23; 1 Cor 4:2-5) and of their deeds in light of the grace, opportunity and understanding made available to them (Luke 12:48; John 5:24; Rom 8:1).
(7) The believer’s bad deeds, when repented of, are forgiven with respect to eternal punishment (Rom 8:1), but they are still taken into account when being judged for repayment. “But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality” (Col 3:25; cf. Eccl 12:14; 1 Cor3: 15; 2 Cor5: 10). The believer’s good deeds and love are remembered by God and rewarded (Heb6: 10): “Whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord (Eph6:8).
(8) The specific results of the believer’s judgment will be varied. There will be either the gain or loss of joy (1 John 2:28), divine approval (Mat25: 21), tasks and authority (Mat25: 14-30), position (Mat 5:19; 19:30), rewards (1 Cor 3:12-14; Phil3: 14; 2 Tim4:8) and honor (Rom 2:10; cf. 1 Pet 1:7).
(9) The impending judgment of Christians should perfect in them the fear of the Lord (2 Cor 5:11; Phil 2:12; 1 Pet 1:17) and cause them to be clear minded and self-controlled, to watch and pray (1 Pet 4:5,7), to live holy and godly lives (2 Pet3: 11), and to show mercy And kindness to all (mat5: 7; cf. 2 Tim 1:16-18).
(10) The Second Coming Of Christ
Scriptures on the 2nd Advent: Christ’s Coming WITH the Saints
One like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought Him near before Him. And there was given Him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages shall serve Him (Dan2: 44-45; 7:13-14; 18,27)
Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations…His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which…shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west…the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee (Zech14: 1-5,9, 16-21)
Immediately after the tribulation…then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory (Mat 24:29-31)
When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory. And before Him shall be gathered all nations (Mat25: 31-46)
When the Lord shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God (2 Th 1:7-10; 2: 8)
The Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all…that are ungodly (Jude 14-15)
He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him…all kindred of the earth shall wail because of Him…the armies of heaven followed Him upon white horses (Rev1: 7. See 19:11-21; 20:1-3; Isa 63:1-6; Joel 3)
(10i) What Will Happen At The Second Coming?
“Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:9-11)
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org www.thebiblicalwomanhood.com Mobile: +234 803 344 6614; +234 808 123 7987
No comments yet