6 Features To Anticipate In Google’s New Android 10
After a long wait, Google finally began rolling out the Android 10 version of its Android mobile operating system on Tuesday on its pixel devices.
While most people will want to install Android 10 right now or in the near future, others might want to hold on a bit and wait for Google to roll out its first batch of bug fixes. As with the last few versions of Android, there are some new features and updates that might not be immediately obvious.
However, to make the changes easy to spot, here the 6 new features to look out for before and after the operating system is installed:
- Focus Mode: This feature allows you to temporarily pause apps that might distract you when you are trying to get something else done on other applications.
- Photos can be saved in the HEIF that is “High-Efficiency Image Format”. This means it uses up less space and looks just as good as the old JPEG format.
- It comes with a new application called “Sound Amplifier” which can boost the sound you want to hear and filter out background noise. Unfortunately, it only works with wired headphones.
- With Android 10, you can customize how the apps on your phone access your location data: All the time; only when you use the app; or never. It also gets to remind you if you gave apps access to your location ‘all the time’, in case you decided you want to change that.
- It has the option for a system-wide dark mode, which is more comfortable for your eyes and easier on your battery.
- Security updates will be sent like a normal app update reminder in the Google Play store, making it faster and easier for people to get the latest security updates.