DC’s 1989 Costumes Goes On Sale Ahead Of “Batman Day”
DC is celebrating its Batman franchise at 80 and this includes a very special auction.
For the die-hard fans who have a little extra cash to spare, there’s some great news from Prop Store’s Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction on September 30 – October 1.
The London based mega-auction has announced via press release that it will be auctioning off Michael Keaton’s Batman suit from the hit 1989 film and it’s expected to go on sale for $148,000 (and above).
“Prop Store is very excited to be offering props and costumes from so many fantastic eras of Batman, from an autographed Batarang from the 1966 series to Michael Keaton’s Batsuit from the 1989 film and Heath Ledger’s Rocket-propelled Grenade Launcher from his role as the Joker in The Dark Knight,” said its CEO Stephen Lane.
Other Batman merchandise you can bid on when the auction goes live include:
- Batman (Adam West) and Robin’s (Burt Ward) autographed Metal Batarang from the Batman TV series (1966-1968). Estimate $49,000 – $74,000
- Catwoman’s (Michelle Pfeiffer) cowl and costume components from Batman Returns (1992). Estimate $7,500 – $9,000
- Two-Face’s (Tommy Lee Jones) screen-matched Ringmaster Top Hat from Batman Forever (1995). Estimate $3,500 – $6,000
- Joker’s (Jack Nicholson) costume from Batman (1989). Estimate $37,000 – $60,000
- Riddler’s (Jim Carrey) costume from Batman Forever (1995). Estimate $12,000 – $18,500
According to the Prop Store website, the auction will be live-streamed online for fans to track the bidding on auction day.