6 Foods That Are Making Draught Worse
A severe drought is currently affecting over 4.5% of the continent.
These 6 foods could be making it worse.
- Almonds are extremely water-intensive, using 3.2 gallons to grow each one.
- Beef is a drain, as cows demand 24 trillion gallons of water to irrigate 56 million acres of pasture.
- Over 52 gallons of water are used to produce an 8-ounce glass of milk.
- Beer is made of water, and the industry sold 2.8 billion cases in 2018.
- Coffee requires 35 gallons of water to grow enough for a single cup.
- Because chocolate is slow to mature, it can soak up 1,500 gallons of water to make an 8-ounce bar.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421