Do You Know You Can Bake A Cake Using Yam?
In case you never knew or imagined that a cake could be baked using yam, then we’re here to change that. This recipe combines fresh yam peelings and coconut for a delicious cake.
- 450g fresh puna yam, peeled and grated
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 50g golden caster sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100ml condensed milk
- 150ml coconut milk
- 50g coconut oil
- Extra coconut oil for oiling
- 50g unsweetened desiccated coconut, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, combine the grated yam, eggs, sugar, salt, condensed milk, coconut milk and coconut oil together and mix well.
- Grease a 450g loaf tin or a 9-inch round pan.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake on the central shelf for one hour.
- Leave the cake to cool and then garnish with the desiccated coconut.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421