How To Make Shawarma
Shawarma is one of the favourite snacks for most Nigerians. It is also very easy to make.
Below are the ingredients for Shawarma and how to make Shawarma:
- 2 pita breads
- 2 chicken laps
- 2 chicken breasts
Ingredients for making chicken marinade
- A small piece of red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Knorr cubes (chicken flavour)
Ingredients for shawarma sauce
Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce or any Sweet Chilli Sauce
Ingredients for shawarma vegetable
- A small piece of Cabbage
- ½ Red Pepper
- ½ Green pepper
- 1 carrot
- ½ Tomato
- Wash and cut the vegetables into thin strip and set aside. Also Cut the chicken or beef into thin strips and set aside.
- Place the chicken strips into a bowl, add the marinade and mix thoroughly until well incorporated. Then cover and store in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours
- In a pan, heat up a tablespoonful of oil. Add the marinated chicken/beef & stir fry until juicy and brown. Scoop unto a plate and set aside.
- Mix some mayonnaise and ketchup together(”mayo-ketch” spread). Place a Shawarma bread on a clean flat surface and cut into two equal sizes ( if you are using a large pita bread).
- spread the ”mayo-ketch” on it and then fill it with the sliced vegetables on one end and Sprinkle some chili pepper(optional)
- Then fold the bread, tuck in the edge, and roll to form a Shawarma wrap
- If you want to warm it up a bit, place on a heated pan for 3 minutes (the closed edge facing the pan). If you have a microwave or sandwich maker, you can use that too.
Your Shawarma is ready to be eaten. Yummy!