Enter A World Of Wonder With Rice Cakes
Rice cakes can be loosely defined as cakes made from rice that have been compacted and condense to form one single object. They very in modes of preparation and flavour; the most beautiful thing about them is that they accommodate a variety of toppings.
Here’s a mode of preparation that utilizes chicken, cheese and tomatoes in a delicate yet mouth-watering mix.
- 2/3 cup rice
- 250g skinless smoked chicken breast supreme, diced
- 2/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 1/3 cups grated cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease an 8 x 2/3-cup capacity mini loaf pan. Line bases of holes with baking paper.
- Cook rice. Rinse. Set aside to cool.
- Place rice, chicken, tomatoes, 1 cup of cheese, onions, basil, eggs, and pepper into a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cakes are firm to the touch and light golden. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Run a flat-edged knife around edges of cakes. Turn onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely. Place into an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to pack into lunch boxes.