Care To Have A Healthy Avocado And Egg Pizza For Breakfast?
This recipe combines three very interesting ingredients together–avocado, eggs and tortillas (flat bread)–to make a fine breakfast for the family. It’s the perfect time to try this healthy breakfast pizza now that avocados are relatively easy to find.
*Recipe serves four.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tortillas or flat bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit and, with a large spoon, scoop the flesh into a medium bowl.
- Add the parsley, lime juice and salt. Mash with a fork until smooth, with a few chunks of avocado. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
- Spread 1/4 of the avocado mixture over each tortilla.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry eggs to taste and place each one on top of a pizza.
- Serve immediately, with or without a drizzle of hot sauce or store in an airtight container.