Crispy Butterflied Prawns Recipe
Butterfly prawns are a popular starter option enjoyed with most international cuisines, Chinese and British included.
Are you a seafood lover and want a quick starter to pull out at your next friday night in ? Check out this recipe below.
- Prawn cutlets, butterflied
- Eggs 5 x
- Bread crumbs, Panko 500 g
- Flour, plain 200 g
- Milk, fresh 800 ml
- Clean and butterfly the prawns.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk and place into a bowl, in a separate bowl place the flour and the bread crumbs in another.
- Firstly dip the prawns into the flour, shake off the excess and dip into the egg mix, finally place into the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the deep fryer (180 degrees Celsius) and cook the prawn cutlets until golden brown.
For the sauce
- Combine Mayonnaise and Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- Arrange the prawns on a plate and place the sweet chilli mayonnaise into a side dish.
- Garnish with the coriander.