Enjoy This Refreshing Orange-Lime Cocktail
Laced with brown sugar and spiced with fresh mint, this citrusy, boozy cocktail is perfect to spice up your day after the mid-week holiday.
*The recipe makes 8 drinks.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 5 ounces light rum
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 orange, halved crosswise and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 6 cups ice cubes
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring brown sugar and water to a boil, stirring once.
- Remove from heat and add mint leaves.
- Leave to steep for 10 minutes. Then strain and discard the leaves. Let cool.
- In a pitcher, stir together orange and lime juices, rum and 3/4 cup syrup in a pitcher.
- Divide orange and lime slices among glasses, and top with 3/4 cup ice.
- Pour rum mixture into glasses, and garnish with mint sprigs.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421