Here’s How To Make The Most Delicious Chunky Dark Chocolate Cookies Ever!
Something about the richness and varied flavour of these cookies seems to make them work best when they’re made big, but the recipe works fine for smaller cookies, too.
*Recipe makes 12 large cookies.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 3⁄4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsps vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate, broken or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup toasted nuts (walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the butter properly and slowly stir in the sugars, vanilla extract and egg until creamy.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until thoroughly combined, then stir in the chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Chill the dough for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. For each cookie, form 1⁄4 cup of the dough into a ball, then press out on the cookie sheet into a 3 1⁄2″ round, about 1⁄4″ thick. Place the rounds of cookie dough about 1 1⁄2″ apart.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 7–10 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown and baked through. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a rack.
- Serve hot or cool and store up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421