How To Bake The Perfect Egg In An Avocado
This is a healthy breakfast for everyone, from children to adults on a ketogenic or healthy diet. This easy and delicious meal fuels your body with omega-3, heart-healthy fatty acid, low sugar, fiber and lots of protein. It is perfect for those 9-5ers on the run or whoever needs a quick, healthy breakfast in the morning. Here is how to bake the perfect egg-in-an-avocado.
Recipe makes one serving.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish of your choice: salt, pepper, bacon, chives, cheese, hot Sauce, or whatever you likee
How to prepare
- If you will use an oven, preheat to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocado in half. Remove the seed. Use a spoon to scoop out some of the flesh inside to accommodate the eggs comfortably.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish or an oven or microwave-safe bowl to control spillage.
- Season the avocado before you add the eggs. Avocados are more delicious when seasoned with salt or something else. This step can be skipped, depending on your taste.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try to get the yolk in first so that the egg whites can fill up the rest of the avocado, in case there’s spillage. You can crack it into a bowl and scoop out th yolk to put in the avocado before pouring the rest of the egg whites over it.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of your eggs and avocados. Or about a minute and the half in a microwave. It is ready once the egg whites set.
- Remove from oven or microwave. Season with pepper, herbs and garnish of your choice.
- You can cut up the remaining avocado you scooped up (if you haven’t already eaten it) as a garnish. Just sprinkle lime or lemon juice on it.