How To Make A Classic Cosmopolitan Cocktail
Once upon a time, American bartender and king of cocktails Dale DeGroff got a certain drink into the hands of Madonna at the Rainbow Room. After that, the Cosmopolitan, as it was called, became the drink to be seen with.
This classic cocktail is a fundamental sour cocktail, made with a base spirit, citrus and then polished off with a sweetener. It may sound nasty, but well-made sours are delicious to drink.
Cosmopolitan cocktail. Photo credit: Simmer and Sauce
*Recipe yields one cocktail.
- 1 1/2 ounces citrus-flavoured vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec (Cointreau, preferably)
- 1/2 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- Orange twist or wedge, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add vodka, triple sec, cranberry, and lime.
- Shake properly.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with orange twist or wedge.