How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage
For lovers of sweet things, the unripe plantain pottage alone, somehow, is a dish that is not as interesting as it sounds. Not to worry; this is the recipe for you. You can add sweet potatoes or ripe plantains to this recipe for added sweetness.
- 2 large green plantains, washed, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup palm oil
- 2 tbsp ground crayfish
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups shredded smoked fish
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 tsp ground pepper, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- A handful of fresh greens (ugu, spinach, utazi), thinly sliced
- Put the diced plantains in a pot.
- Add the chopped onions, stock cubes, fish, ground crayfish and pepper.
- Add in enough water to just cover the contents of the pot.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the contents boil.
- Add the palm oil and salt to taste.
- Cover the pot and cook on low-medium heat until the plantain is almost tender. Then add the grated sweet potatoes and cook until done.
- Take off the heat and stir in the vegetables.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes before serving.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421