Make These Delicious Crepes In Minutes
Crepes are quite easy to make. They are made from ingredients that most people already have on hand.
Here is a simple but delicious crepe batter which can be made in minutes. The French street-food staple can be dressed up with flavourful fillings or sweet and savoury toppings.
*Recipe makes 9 crepes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and levelled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs.
- Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine.
- Add the salt and butter, and beat until smooth. For a smoother batter, blend until it has the consistency of heavy cream.
- Oil a frying pan lightly and put over medium heat.
- Scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/3 cup of batter for each crepe. Swirl the pan to coat the batter evenly on the surface.
- Cook the crepe for about 2-3 minutes until the bottom is light brown.
- Loosen the edge of the crepe with a rubber spatula, then flip quickly with your fingertips and cook on the other side for a minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, coating pan with butter where needed.
- Serve crepes hot.
Tip: Use aluminium foil to keep food moist, cook food evenly, keep leftovers fresh, and make clean-up easy.