Meals To Try This Eid El Kabir
Eid is here again and you are going to be left with pieces of ram meat to do as you please. One of the best methods to use for your ram during Eid is to prepare pepper stew which is called Omi Obe in Yoruba part of Nigeria. This stew can be served with any swallow of your choice.
- Meat stock (From ram)
- Palm oil
- Red bell pepper (Scotch Bonnet)
- Scotch bonnet
- Seasoning cube
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, add meat, sliced onions,1 tbsp of salt, and seasoning cube. Cover pot and allow to boil on high heat for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, bring down your meat. Gradually separate the meat from the liquid and set aside.
- Blend red bell pepper, the remaining onion, tomatoes and scotch bonnet still smooth.
- In a large pot, heat palm oil for 1 minute. Then add your blended pepper, meat stock, seasoning cube and salt to taste. Allow to cook for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with swallow.