Recipe For The Fluffiest Dutch Baby Pancakes
Sundays are for all day brunching, and Dutch babies make the perfect brunch menu item. Not only are they filling, they are pretty looking and different from your everyday pancakes. They can also be topped with a variety of things, depending if you are craving a sweet or savoury meal. I love how quick and easy it is to make these pancakes. The only ‘work’ required is mixing the batter which I did in a food processor. Once the batter is made, all you need to do is pop it in the oven and let the oven do the work. There’s no flipping and turning involved with this one.
These pancakes come out crispy on the edges and super fluffy on the inside. They taste amazing and they are certainly a break from the regular pancakes. Recipe for the Dutch baby is as follows.
Recipe makes one.
1 egg, large
1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cups of milk
1 1/2 tbsp butter, unsalted
1. Put your iron skillet or frying pan on the middle rack of your preheated oven (400F).
2. In a blender, combine all ingredients – not including the butter – and pulse till smooth.
3. Add butter to preheated skillet/pan and make sure it is evenly coated, then pour in Dutch baby pancake batter.
4. Bake until golden brown and puffy. Should take about 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve with topping of choice.