Recipe: Stuffed Plantains
Today’s recipe, colourful stuffed plantains, is a healthier break away from the usual fried plantain. The plantains in this recipe are baked first and then stuffed.
- 2 ripe plantains
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsps canola oil
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 scotch bonnet
- 1 small tomato
- 1 seasoning cube
- Spring onions (for garnishing)
- Parsley (for garnishing)
- Peel plantain and make a slit down the middle. Brush with melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and bake plantain for 40 minutes.
- Dice all the vegetables (onions, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, ginger etc) and cut the gizzard into small bits.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan and lightly fry gizzard till half cooked, then add the veggies and cook until tender.
- Take plantain out of the oven once cooked and stuff with the gizzard.
- Garnish with parsley and spring onions. Serve immediately with a side of pepper sauce.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421