Relax With This Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
What better way to bring your first weekend in 2018 to a fun, flying start than with an exotic cocktail?
There’s something exciting and alluring about blue cocktails, especially this one. This Blue Hawaiian cocktail is tropical and perfect for those who are still in the holiday spirit. It’s filled with rum, pineapple and coconut. The best part? It’s as blue as a bright, beautiful sky, making it a blue version of the popular Pina Colada.
This recipe is very easy to make and can be shaken or blended.
*Recipe makes two drinks, for you and a friend.
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces light rum
- 3/4 fluid ounce blue Curaçao liqueur
- 3/4 fluid ounce cream of coconut
- 2 fluid ounces pineapple juice
- 1 maraschino cherry, to garnish
- 1 pineapple wedge, to garnish
- 1 cup ice (for shaking) or 1 cup crushed ice (for blending)
- Pour the ingredients, except the maraschino cherry and the pineapple wedge, into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes and stir or shake well.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice cubes.
- For the frozen version, simply pour the ingredients into a blender with 1 cup of cracked ice. Blend on high speed until smooth, then pour into a chilled highball glass.
- Garnish with the cherry and pineapple.