Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Over Roasted Sweet Potatoes And Rice
Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce over Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Rice is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the sweetness of roasted sweet potatoes with the bold flavours of Thai cuisine. The dish is typically prepared by roasting the sweet potatoes until they are tender and caramelized, and then serving them over a bed of fluffy rice, with a generous drizzle of spicy peanut sauce on top.
The peanut sauce is the star of the dish, made with a blend of peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, and chili flakes, which gives it a perfect balance of spicy, sweet, and tangy flavors. The sauce is also incredibly versatile and can be used as a dip or marinade for meats, vegetables, or tofu.
Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce over Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Rice is a delicious and healthy vegetarian or vegan meal option that is packed with nutrients and flavor. It is also relatively easy to prepare, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner or a meal prep dish for the week ahead.
• ½ cup creamy peanut butter
• ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 2 cloves garlic, pressed
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoons water
• Roasted vegetables
• 2 sweet potatoes
• 1 red bell pepper
• About 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
• ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
• Sea salt, to taste
• Rice and garnishes
• 1 ¼ cup jasmine brown rice
• 2 to 3 green onions/chives
• Handful of cilantro, torn
• Handful peanuts, crushed
• Sriracha/rooster sauce on the side (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit with a rack in the middle and another rack near the top.
2. Roast the vegetables: Toss the sweet potato chunks with a generous tablespoon of coconut oil, cumin, and a sprinkle of salt.
3. Toss the bell pepper with about a teaspoon of coconut oil and salt. The vegetables should be lightly coated with oil on all sides.
4. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Arrange the red bell peppers on a separate, smaller baking sheet.
5. Roast the sweet potatoes on the middle rack for about 35 minutes, tossing halfway, and roast the peppers on the top rack for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway. The vegetables will be tender and caramelized on the edges when they are ready.
6. In the meantime, cook the rice: Once the water is boiling, pour in the rice and stir it. Boil the rice for 30 minutes, then turn off the heat and drain the rice.
7. Return the rice to the pot and cover the pot. Let the rice steam that way for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, fluff the rice with a fork, and season with salt to taste.
8. Make the sauce: in a bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. If the sauce is too thick or too spicy, whisk in a little more water.