Take Your Breakfast Game To Another Level With These Easy Sweet Potato Hash Egg Cups
If you are familiar with baked eggs or are a fan of the saying, “eat breakfast like a king”, then this recipe is for you. Take baked eggs to the next level by adding a sweet potato and cheese base for the most delicious, satisfying, savoury breakfast you’ll eat yet. And, the best part? It’s ready in 25 minutes.
*Recipe makes 8 egg cups.
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a muffin or cupcake tin with coconut oil cooking spray or place liners in the muffin tin for easy cleanup.
- Peel a medium sweet potato and grate it.
- Measure out the grated sweet potato, cheddar cheese and garlic powder in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop one heaping tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture on the bottom of 8 muffin tins.
- On top of the mixture in each cup, crack a large egg.
- Season each cup with salt and pepper to taste or any other flavouring of your choice.
- Bake eggs at 375ºF for about 15 minutes or until eggs are at desired consistency.
- Serve hot or store in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat the next day in the microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.