Treat Yourself To A Watermelon Sangria
The sangria has a reputation worldwide for being one of the healthiest alcoholic beverages in existence. This is because of its delicate balance of fruits, wine and spirits which gives it a unique range of flavours.
The watermelon sangria takes this a step further via the watermelon which has vitamins A, B6 and C, lycopene and antioxidant content.
Spoil yourself with this beverage that is perfect for relaxation after a long sunny day.
*Recipe serves 10 people
- 1 large watermelon
- 1 750-ml bottle white wine
- 2 cups white rum
- 1 cup soda water
- 1/3 cup lime juice (from about 6 limes)
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups assorted fresh or frozen fruit, such as pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries
- Slice off the top third of the watermelon lengthwise (save for later use) and score fruit with a knife.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out watermelon and transfer to a blender.
- Blend watermelon until smooth. (If desired, strain seeds.)
- Add white wine, rum, soda water, and lime juice and stir until combined, then add limes and fruit.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours, then serve.