Try This Classic French 75 Cocktail Recipe
Named after the French 75mm field gun, which was commonly used in World War I, this classic cocktail is a combination of gin, lemon juice and Champagne that’s will be sure to bring out the best in you.
Here’s how to make this refreshing drink:
Recipe makes 1 cocktail.
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsps sugar
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Long thin lemon spiral and cocktail cherry to garnish
- Cocktail shaker
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake gin, lemon juice, and sugar in a cocktail shaker until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a champagne flute.
- Top up with champagne or sparkling wine and stir gently.
- Garnish with a long, thin lemon spiral and a cocktail cherry.