Tuwo Shinkafa (Rice Meal) And Miyan Taushe (Pumpkin Soup)
Tuwo Shinkafa (Rice Meal) is a Northern delicacy that is prepared with rice. It is surprisingly
easy to make. It can be eaten with any Nigerian native soup. However, I always recommend that
you eat it with Miyan Taushe (Pumpkin soup) which I have a bias for.
- Rice ( Medium or short grain)
- Wash rice.
- Pour it in a pot, pour enough water just above the rice, and cook on medium heat.
- When the water dries up, mash it between your fingers to check the softness.
- If it is still a little hard, pour more water and leave to cook on low heat.
- Use a wooden spoon to mash the rice to bring it together.
- Once satisfied, pick the rice in little quantities and mash with a spatula. Fold until it turns into a mass of Tuwo. Alternatively, continue to stir and mash until it forms a nice lump.
- Cover and leave for two minutes to steam.
- Serve the dish with preferred soup.