Have You Tried A Simple Frittata?
Frittata is an Italian egg-based dish like an omelette, easy to prepare and very delicious as well. This fast meal can be taken as breakfast or dinner. It is rich in protein and the ingredients can be purchased at any grocery store or market.
- 6 large eggs,
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp, salt
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 small Irish potatoes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups, fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup shredded cheese, or cheddar[optional]
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Put the bacon in a pan and cook, stirring occasionally until its crisp for 10 minute.
- Saute the potatoes in bacon fat. Add the potatoes and sprinkle pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned.
- Pile the spinach into the pan with the garlic and thyme, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Add the bacon back to the pan and stir to evenly distribute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cheese. Cook the mixture for about one minute.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. To check if it is well cooked, cut into it with a knife if it runs bake for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot or cool.